Ogg stream for ECSL
I was sent to Nicaragua by the Cofradía community, and I want to somehow pay back this very nice sponsorship. I approached the organizers and offered to set up video streaming for the Encounter - The idea was most welcome, and it is basically ready to go live now. Please look at the ECSL activities - We will stream activities held at the main (Villa Vieja) auditorium. Remember that Nicaragua is in GMT-6. The stream will be available at http://video.cofradia.org:18000/ecsl.ogg
Now, once all attendees arrive tomorrow, it is very probable the available bandwidth will not be enough, even having our server in Mexico. Anyway, if we are unable to keep a decent stream up, we will locally record all said activities, and as soon as I get back home, I will make the recorded activities available.
[update]: It seems to work, although differently than what I expected. Instead of streaming using my usual magic1, which died at the merciless hands of network delays, but am instead storing the file locally, and just oggfwding it to the server with a couple of minutes of delay. But so far, it seems to work!
I will also try to push+publish the encoded files as often as possible to this server. I will link to them from this page:
- First session, part 1: Conference opening; current situation of Free Software communities in Central America (Guatemala, Belize, Honduras) (158MB)
- First session, part 2: Current situation of Free Software communities in Central America (Costa Rica, Panamá, Nicaragua) (155MB)
- Central American Ubuntu Community meeting (217MB)
- Conclusions for the sessions held in the afternoon (31M)
- Licensing, copyright and copyleft (first part) (41M)
- Licensing, copyright and copyleft (second part) (362M)
- Free Software in education (357M)
- Conclusions for the round table sessions (209MB)
- 1. Which would be dvgrab --format raw - | ffmpeg -f dv -i - -acodec libvorbis -vcodec libtheora -s 320x240 -maxrate 230 -ab 32 -f ogg - | tee /tmp/ecsl_$(date +%y-%m-%d_%H:%M:%S).ogg | oggfwd -p -n "Encuentro Centroamericano de Software Libre ECSL" video.cofradia.org 18000 my_password /ecsl.ogg