ProtoWrap: Using wrappers to protect specific network services
I wrote my final paper for graduation on implementing a generic connection wrapper that can be extended to understand and protect specific protocols. I presented this project at YAPC::NA 2001, and published a short article on Usenix’s ;login: magazine (published in the June 2002 number).
- Full final paper (130 pages, PDF)
- Full final paper (converted to HTML)
- Text published in the YAPC::NA 2001 proceedings (PDF)
- Text published in the ;login: magazine, June 2002 (PDF)
- ProtoWrap 0.5 code installable as a Perl module. Note there are slight differences to the version published in the final paperl